Saturday, July 26, 2014

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson - Review


I received an email from bookbub letting me know that this book was on sale! I read the synopsis and decided I'd take a chance even with all my other unread books just waiting for me  on my bookshelf and my kindle.

If anyone knows of Peter Pan, this is a new take on it narrated through the eyes of Tinkerbell.  Several twists on old familiar characters change drastically and unexpectedly.  After looking at the title and cover, you would think the story would be told by Tiger Lily herself. Although I'm not disappointed, you have to understand that Tinkerbell is not the same Tinkerbell madly in love with Peter Pan that you grew up believing in.

Tiger Lily is betrothed to a Giant but eventually falls for Peter Pan.  Who wouldn't, right? Unfortunately, things never turn out the way the reader wants it to. In this version, Tinkerbell is just a ball of light giving insight to the reader on the characters thoughts and emotions which allow the reader to get to know Tiger Lily and fall in love and hate Wendy when she comes to enter Peter Pan's life.

This is truly a rollercoaster of emotions that will have you up and down.  The beginning was a bit slow for me.  I had to put it down a couple of times because I got busy doing everyday stuff.  Had it had a stronger beginning, I would have definitely not put it down at the start.

Despite the beginning, I would still recommend this if  you are looking for a different take and perspective on the fairy tale Peter Pan.

I'm giving this a:



No comments:

Post a Comment