Saturday, June 2, 2018

Have you counted your blessings today?

Through my many years of struggles and hardships, I've learned to overcome negativity and regrets. By focusing on gratitude and appreciation for things and circumstances, I discovered my gift of positivity.

Many years ago, I was invited to a High School reunion, having actually graduated from another High School, it felt so good to reconnect with other members of my original high school. Although I never actually attended the reunion, I was included on their Reunion Website Group.  Someone reached out to me to find an old friend of ours.  At one time this girl and I were inseparable.  Having spent grade school together, we grew up spending weekends at each other's houses.

As with many high schools, friends come and go.  Although we were still considered to be friends, the closeness dwindled throughout the years due to different classes, different circumstances and different instances.  Since I was asked if I could reach out and find this old friend of ours, I agreed because I was just as curious to see how she was after all these years.

After reaching out to her stepmother out of the blue, I was honored she remembered me after all of these years.  Within days, I was reconnected to my old friend.  I could not even begin to tell you how emotional and life changing this contact meant to me.

After conversing on the phone and keeping in contact by email, she inspired me.  She happened to be one of the most happy and positive persons I have ever known.  All the years that passed by that made me feel disgusted and negative about my life, she embraced in hers.  She showed me to be more gracious and more happy with what I already have just from reading her emails of her everyday life.

I never directly came out to thank her but she inspired me to live life and work towards making my dreams come true.  That's when I began writing daily. I've always wanted to be a writer and I realized sitting on my ass expecting the world to hand everything to me, wasn't going to happen.  If it hadn't happened by then, why would I expect to happen ever.

I published my first novel in 2012, other works thereafter, along with opening an Etsy shop.  Although my full potential has yet to be released, I feel so good at what I have accomplished so far. Life doesn't always go the way we want, the way we need or the way its expected.  Just accept each day with gratitude and you will discover things that would've passed by.

I want to thank you all for being a part of this journey.  If you haven't done so already, please follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and my blog.  Buttons are located on the right side bar.

If you love giveaways, like I love giveaways, please check out my left side bar.  There are some serious prizes going on.  Who couldn't use some of them now?

Something to inspire you till next time...

May you Recognize the passion and the possibility in your day today and have the courage to follow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment