Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Happy 4th of July!

I hope all my USA followers have a wonderful 4th of July!

Did  you know the first time this day was celebrated with fireworks was in 1777?

I'm sure things have definitely improved since then.  

I use to take my little girl to go watch them every year where we lived.  There was always a small town carnival going on and we would go the night of the fireworks that always went off at midnight.

Of course it was difficult to stay awake till then but they always celebrated on a Saturday so it never truly fell on the 4th of July.  We would go early to ride the rides and eat the food. Their fireworks were the best fireworks show each and every year. 

Not to mention the carnival was known for its caramel corn.

AMAZING!

So every year I associate caramel corn with the fireworks.

This year we will be doing a picnic which is the norm but I no longer go to the fireworks.  Too far to travel, too late to stay up and my little girl is no longer my little girl.  She is full grown and married.

Thank goodness for memories  She still goes but now with her husband.  I'm so glad she has kept up the tradition.  My heart is full.


How do you celebrate the 4th of July?

Affirmation: Bountiful blessings and miracles manifest in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment