Sunday, January 29, 2012

Life #256

I need a life!  I'm just saying. Not this one that always seems to follow me around, whether I hide behind a closet door or underneath the covers, this same life always seems to find me.

How about a new one that I can browse through a catalog or magazine, call a number up and say "Yes, I want that one, item #256." I'm sure it would be the one life that I couldn't afford or decide later once I have it that it actually is two sizes too small. Figures.

Of course, if it was that simple, everybody and anybody would be ordering item #256 and then my life would be like everyone else. Nothing in it to distinguish my life from theirs.  I mean, really, who in their right mind would ever want to order my life up, item #65829 for any that may be interested.

Too many potholes on my dirt road of life. It never was paved or smooth and rarely had some beautiful scenic view to admire along the way. I'm not saying it was all bad. At least I was driving a 4 wheel drive to help me out, but with such a crappy suspension that I was sure to feel all the bumps, the rocks and those damn freakin' potholes. Though I will admit, it always held its own to help pull me through when I got stuck. I would only have to fight with the shifter to knock it into 4 wheel drive mode every now and then, though cumbersome as it may have been, I did it.

I guess when I think about it, my life could have been much worse.  My vehicle for life could have run out of gas; could have been some kind of little Chevette that could barely make it on such a terrain; could have had broken windows to allow all the harsh elements inside. Heck, I could have been traveling alone, but I have such a wonderful set of family and friends that I can't even say that I wasn't blessed with that either. Luckily for me, I did have such a vehicle that could haul such a crew with me along my journey.

I can't even give my item #65829 a jab since it blessed me with a wonderful little girl. Whose to say item #256 would have given me such a joy. I guess if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't. Mainly in fear that some alternate path I would have chosen to travel down while I was enjoying item #256, I would have missed the whole mother-daughter experiences I had with my one and only.

So now that I have thought it through, item #256 is yours if you want to order it. One less away from a back order shortage. I will keep my #65829, whether it leads down a scenic route #1 or pothole haven route #2, at least I still have my 4 wheel drive already in gear and waiting for whatever comes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment